How to Make Perfectly Tender Grass Fed Steak
- Pick your steak – any steak will work.
- Season your steak with 1 teaspoon of coarse sea salt per side.
- Add any additional herbs or seasonings to both sides.
- Let steak sit for 1 hour per inch of thickness.
- Rinse the steak well.
- Pat both sides completely dry to assure a good sear to lock in juices.
- Bring the steak to room temperature before cooking.
- Grill, cook or broil your steak using your favourite method.
We recommend you only sear the steak on each side, then move to a cooler portion of the grill or to lower heat if cooking on oven. Be sure to remove your steak from heat earlier than you would with conventional fattier beef as grass fed steaks will cook faster (leaner). It's best to not cook past medium rare for a tender steak.
- Season with pepper and add a teaspoon or so of butter or favourite fat of choice over top of the steak.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to rest.
- Enjoy eating your flavorful, juicy & tender grass-fed steak.